Not bad at all. Some of the backgrounds looked great. Now I'll have to try and figure out how to get the other endings.
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
What is Without Escape?
Without Escape harkens back to first-person graphic adventures of the early ‘90s, which relied on pre-rendered backgrounds and full-motion video to tell interactive stories. Explore the confines of your own home as you flip between a mundane existence and a horrifying otherworld. Can you escape the nightmare and find the answers you’re looking for?
One chilly winter night, you go home and notice that nobody’s there. Your parents had told you that they would be visiting your grandparents for the weekend, so you give their absence no mind and go to bed.
At 2:45 a.m., your sleep is suddenly interrupted by strange noises. A burglar, perhaps? You decide to investigate – only to plunge into a nightmarish web of stone, flesh, and flame.
With no way to return to what you thought was reality, you must unravel the secret of your home’s transformation. Are you prepared to endure the horrors that await you?
- Reconnect with the past through classic point-and-click exploration.
- Overcome enigmatic puzzles that will test your wits.
- Play your way with gamepad, keyboard and mouse support.
- Immerse yourself in your home’s oppressive atmosphere with an atmospheric soundtrack.
- Gaze upon 1080p pre-rendered backgrounds – in your old home, which has become a hellish nightmare.
- Discover multiple endings, secrets, and Easter eggs.
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Author||Bumpy Trail Games|
|Tags||Atmospheric, Controller, Dark, Exploration, FMV, Gore, Horror, Mystery, Point & Click, puzzles|
|Average session||A few seconds|
|Languages||English, Spanish; Castilian|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller|
|Links||Steam, Homepage, Steam, Twitter|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $6.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Also available on
- New trailer and release date!Apr 17, 2018
- Another dev blog post: Integrating 3D elements into a 2D gameNov 24, 2017
- Demo released for Linux and Mac!Nov 06, 2017
- Without Escape Demo released!Oct 30, 2017
- A free demo coming this Halloween!Oct 27, 2017
- Adding dynamism to static backgrounds (Part 2)Oct 16, 2017
- Adding dynamism to static backgroundsOct 06, 2017
- Without Escape Announcement!Sep 27, 2017