I played this on my 3DS and had a really good time with it. Not too often that a point and click game gives me the willies.
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
What is Without Escape?
Without Escape harkens back to first-person graphic adventures of the early ‘90s, which relied on pre-rendered backgrounds and full-motion video to tell interactive stories. Explore the confines of your own home as you flip between a mundane existence and a horrifying otherworld. Can you escape the nightmare and find the answers you’re looking for?
One chilly winter night, you go home and notice that nobody’s there. Your parents had told you that they would be visiting your grandparents for the weekend, so you give their absence no mind and go to bed.
At 2:45 a.m., your sleep is suddenly interrupted by strange noises. A burglar, perhaps? You decide to investigate – only to plunge into a nightmarish web of stone, flesh, and flame.
With no way to return to what you thought was reality, you must unravel the secret of your home’s transformation. Are you prepared to endure the horrors that await you?
- Reconnect with the past through classic point-and-click exploration.
- Overcome enigmatic puzzles that will test your wits.
- Play your way with gamepad, keyboard and mouse support.
- Immerse yourself in your home’s oppressive atmosphere with an atmospheric soundtrack.
- Gaze upon 1080p pre-rendered backgrounds – in your old home, which has become a hellish nightmare.
- Discover multiple endings, secrets, and Easter eggs.
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Author||Bumpy Trail Games|
|Tags||Atmospheric, Controller, Dark, Exploration, FMV, Gore, Horror, Mystery, Point & Click, puzzles|
|Average session||A few seconds|
|Languages||English, Spanish; Castilian|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller|
|Links||Steam, Homepage, Steam, Twitter|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Also available on
- New trailer and release date!Apr 17, 2018
- Another dev blog post: Integrating 3D elements into a 2D gameNov 24, 2017
- Demo released for Linux and Mac!Nov 06, 2017
- Without Escape Demo released!Oct 30, 2017
- A free demo coming this Halloween!Oct 27, 2017
- Adding dynamism to static backgrounds (Part 2)Oct 16, 2017
- Adding dynamism to static backgroundsOct 06, 2017
- Without Escape Announcement!Sep 27, 2017
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hi there! I picked this game up from the Racial Justice bundle.
I'm not the target demographic (I don't really do spooky games) but I do like point-and-click games so I decided to give it a shot! Overall I thought it was ... fine? I wish the puzzles had been more ambitious than just many, many keys, and the uh.... traditional ending(s) are a bit of a hard mental leap to understand.
That aside, The game's well-built and plays well, and your creepy audio bits were effective, and I wish there'd been more.
I wish there'd just been more. More effort into the puzzles, more clarification of the story, just.. yeah. more.
Anyways, I've attached a video of my playthrough if you're at all interested:
Does this game have jump scares? I'm intrigued but after just five minutes of playing I was very unnerved and I need to know if I should be bracing myself XD
Just finished all the endings, no jumpscares. Worst thing was probably some sounds effects that creeped me out so it's fine :D
I played this game years ago on Xbox and loved it. Was pleasantly surprised to see it included in the bundle I just bought.
Me encantó este juego y más al saber que un Español lo hizo, felicidades por grandioso juego!
Not bad at all. Some of the backgrounds looked great. Now I'll have to try and figure out how to get the other endings.